Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Jessica Bag

I had lunch two weeks ago with a friend from high school. She is a more experienced SAHM, so I was eager to mooch ideas. She came into the restaurant with a great one: a bag filled with crayons, coloring books, books, and just little stuff to occupy the kids while they wait to eat.

That is so simple. Why didn't I think of that? (I'll catch on more, after awhile). She told me she leaves the bag in the car so she can pull it out when they go in somewhere. 

So, I made my own. We have a five hour trip to Michigan, starting Saturday, and I wanted my Jessica Bag before I left. I spent $10 at Target in the $1 section. I wrapped all the "gifts" with scraps of birthday and Christmas wrapping paper. I'll let Ty open one every so often as we travel. Then they will go in the bag. Organized me!

SAHM successes are important, and their value will show in our children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!