Monday, July 27, 2009

School Supplies

I was in Wal-Mart yesterday and I got down on myself for two reasons. One, I don't like Wal-Mart.  Two, Ty threw himself down (on the floor) in front of the toy section and screamed and kicked his feet. I suggested to the hubby that we take both kids and shop together, so I blamed myself a little. Hubby completely blamed me, but he did agree to it.

Also, I realized I am not a teacher anymore.

Back-to-school supplies adorned end-caps and jealousy overwhelmed me. I want to buy and organize them. I want to feel the promise of a new school year and of lesson plans. I want to do so, but know a new person has probably decorated my old classroom. I also know that quitting my job will help my children. I couldn't do both jobs well. I am mourning the loss of some of my identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!