Friday, September 11, 2009

SAHM Triumph: Nose Sucky Thing

A cold took over my little Za's nose this week. I hate when my children are sick. Helpless and sad--that's me. When she nurses, she lets go to catch her breath. This makes us both upset; she's hungry and I know it and can't help enough.

I normally try the nose sucky thing that the nurses use so expertly in the hospital. Za throws her short and rubberbanded arms out and cries. My milk lets down, I soak my shirt and we are both upset. This time, I finally heard the sucky noise and when I squirted the bulb out, success! Snot!

Finally, I got it. Poor Ty never had his nose properly sucked. I just figured the method out, and I am on baby #2. This got me thinking--I have all of this information, knowledge, ability and I am done. I just figured all the small baby stuff out, and I'm done. Nursing, rocking, swaddling, projectile-breastfed-newborn poop--all of it. Maybe I should have another baby for smooth sailing.

That can't happen with motherhood, can it?

SAHM successes are important, and their value will show in our children. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!