Friday, March 11, 2011

Financial Friday: Birthday Savings

Birthday parties can be crazy expensive. I always want to find innovative and unique celebration ideas that do not require a bank loan. I also like ideas that are simple.

Are my kids the only ones who manage to destroy part of the cake before it is cut?
 

An interesting way to engage guests is to have them remark on the birthday child. For Ty and Za, my husband and I make a "top ten list" of the biggest changes, accomplishments, or cute things the birthday child has done in the past year. We make a poster out of them and post it during the party. We encourage our guests to add to the list. We compile the ideas into a page for the baby book. 

It is fun, interactive, and very cheap. It makes for good conversation fodder when you have people around who don't necessarily know each other, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!