Sunday, May 26, 2013

Elementary Kids Summer Activity: Week One

11 Weeks of Summer!

A few weeks ago I pondered doing a word of the day, or a math problem of the day. I turned an old picture frame into a dry erase board.



I want to have a bit of an outline for our summer days, while allowing the kids to have lots of downtime and lead me to the areas they want to discover. I'm going to do a word, quote, and math problem of the day, along with a bible quote of the week. I may have to change this up if it does not work, but this is what we are starting tomorrow!

Feel free to use this or part of it, just to spark interesting conversations during the summer.

My kids are young, four and six, so this probably works best for younger pre-K, elementary kids.

Words: (occupations)

Acrobat: a skilled performer of gymnastic feats

Magician: an entertainer who is skilled in producing illusions

Conjurer: a person who puts a spell on others

Actor: a person who performs in plays, television, movies

Conductor: a person who leads

Math:

I am doing the math problem of the day from Math Buddy.

Then Ty and Za will each get one from using this website.

Dr. Seuss Quotes:

Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So... get on your way!

A person's a person no matter how small.

I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.

Young cat, if you keep your eyes open enough, oh, the stuff you would learn! The most wonderful stuff!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.

Bible Verse of the Week:

Matthew 19:14: But Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to those who are like these children."

(Note: I decided to do one bible verse per week so maybe they will learn it. I decided one a day was too much).

Let me know if you make an changes, and how it works in your house!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!