Thursday, July 11, 2013

Elementary Kids Summer Activity: Week Six

I apologize for not blogging! I have worked two weeks out of June and this week and the next for July. Any extra time, I've been catching up on laundry or playing with the kids. Plus, I'm exhausted.

Here are this week's words of the day and other activities. We skipped last week (sorry!) but we needed a break, and I couldn't bring myself to research them. ;)



Here is the sixth installment of weekly activities:

Words: (theme: advertising)

Media: the means of communication (radio, TV, magazines) that influence people widely

Brand: a kind, grade, or make of a product

Marketing: the total of activities involved in the transfer of goods from the producer or seller to the consumer or buyer, including advertising, shipping, storing, and selling

Commercials: a paid advertisement or promotional announcement

Endorsements: approval, normally from a famous person or group, for a product or service

(My kids ask lots of questions about advertising, mostly because my husband is in the business. They are around these ideas, and these words are familiar. Also, I believe in honest media learning from an early age).

Quotes of the day: (Albert Schweitzer)

The highest knowledge is to know that we are surrounded by mystery.

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.

One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possess the only strength which can overcome adversity.

Do something for somebody everyday for which you do not get paid.

Example is leadership.

Bible Quote: 

For I know the plans I have for you. says the Lord. They are plans for good and not disaster, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts... questions... ideas... I love feedback!